Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week begins with a recording and ends with....

hi guys!

phew!! I was recording at Arvind Studios for 2 days, after a long time a live-jugalbandi recording. It was a recording with Dr Mysore Manjunath, a brilliant violinist. The drums, tabla and the mridangam added the spice to our new fusion concept. Watch out for this album.

And coming to the online flute classes, my basement is getting ready for the occasion. There is an air of excitement in the industry about this relatively new concept of teaching thru the Internet. More than anybody else i'm excited, because i'll be making new friends n new disciples. Who knows, i might discover a great talent from some remote part of the world. It will be indeed satisfying if i'm able to do so.

But, on the other hand... I really hope and pray that technically it really works the way i want it to...'cos with so many constraints like power cuts, slow Internet speeds, concert commitments, and so on, i can only hope to accomplish what i am set to - "to popularize our tradition of bansuri/flute playing". You might be wondering who is OUR? Its me and my father, Pandit Venkatesh Godkhindi - my GURU.

Some other day i'll write about him maybe in my next blog. And till then wish me luck for my adventure with the online classes.

And ofcourse, wish me luck for my concert at the Ambedkar Bhavan on 13th, I am opening for none other than the Ustad himself, Ustad Zakir Hussain. Got to prepare!

bye

pravin godkhindi

www.pravingodkhindi.in

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pravinji,

    I am a great fan of urs.... from mlore.. All the best with ur future concerts to go with...

    Thnaks,

    Supri

    ReplyDelete